I was supposed to be talking about the film The Social Network yesterday, but I completely derailed and ended up on a negative track. Not that today is going to be a positive days, as it seems to me that the world is out to get me today. I watched the Social Network yesterday, expecting a master piece made by a genius. Somehow, it was entertaining but didn't live up to the awesomeness and genius others had made it out to be. I am not quite sure why it got those awards? I know that those award shows are more than predictable and that the Social Network falls under the winning category of "based on a true story," those are just bound to win at least ONE award. It was not a bad film, it was just nothing really special. It just made Zuckerberg (sugarmountain) one of the most anti-social people, who ironically has made one of the biggest social networks, but we all know that we become really anti-social by living our social lives through facebook. I belong to the anti-social world that is dominated by computers and alcohol.
Today I had to do a college assignment that I was looking up to, very, very badly. It also means that in the end I screwed up and got way too little to make it worth all the effort of going to Scheveningen. I did take my dad's flashy digital camera to take some good shots of the pier and the beach, but unfortunately anything else would be ruined by cranes and trucks driving around the boulevard as they are working on the boulevard and part of the beach to make our world safe from the water.
(point that I had forgotten in yesterday's blog: I find it amusing and interesting to watch foreign documentaries about the Dutch culture or anything that has to do with the Netherlands. Not because they are so accurate, but because they make anything sound so very dramatic. Yesterday there was a program on discovery channel about how the Dutch try to hold back the sea. Dramatising the risk we are in from flooding, like the dykes and dunes are on the brink of rupturing flooding the streets or worse 70% of the Netherlands, as that part is below sea-level. Of course it is interesting to know how all the seabarriers and waterworks have come to be, but honestly? We are not treated by the sea and the rivers every minute of out life and we do not consciously thing about the risks we are in from living under sea-level. We grow up with the fact that we are a wet land and that we live under sea-level and that we do got loads of rain at times accompanies by rivers overflowing, but that is just a very small part of our lives. We still believe that a hurricane and tropical storms and earthquakes are much, much worse and we don't get any of that around here.)
When I got home today, well not home, at the train station I walked up to my no longer parked bike. I was so very smart to park it on a no-bicycle parkzone, which meant that on a Tuesday, which it is today, they will pick up all the bikes that are parked wrong and bring them to a bike deposit. When trying to take a bus home I found out that my bus no longer goes every half an hour, but only every hour. It is the only bus that stops around my area from the station. Because I didn't want to wait for twenty minutes I decides to take another bus that took me at least halfway, the rest of the way I had to walk home, that is about 10 minutes. It just feels so worthless and stupid to go ten minutes by bus and then walk ten minutes while there is a bus that takes me home in ten minutes. I was so angry that I just facebooked some angry status updates and decides to redirect my anger to make pictures of the war monument in the park I had to walk through. The pictures didn't come out so great, but it inspired me to try out different and strange angles.
Now it is time to type my interviews and send them to my groupleader. This is gonna be good!
No comments:
Post a Comment