Monday, 28 February 2011

Social Network

There are a few differences between the education here and education aboard, in countries like America and the United Kingdom. Here I am talking about the housing, campus in particular. Universities and colleges do have a campus, but it is more usual they do not. I know Utrecht has a small campus and Den Haag has the same, these are very hard to get into and are reserved for students from abroad as it is very hard to get a student room here. I am currently facing these exact problems. Life has brought me to a point that if I don't find a place to live that is more along to coast and around Den Haag that I won't be able to study as the distance and travel time is just too big. If I would take the earliest train from the new location to my currently college it would take two and a half hour and I wouldn't be able to make it in time for my first class. As I am currently checking the public transport it states that for parts of this journey my student public transport card is not valid. In what kind of hellhole do my parents want to live?

Another topic of today's rant is again something very trivial. Sometimes I regard others as being stupid, less intelligent than me. Sure, most people have a higher IQ than me, are smarter than me, know more than me. However, the internet is filled with so called smart-asses that seems to think they know everything about the world. The find something and tell it to the world as if they have just discovered life on another planet in the galaxy, while they have merely found Pluto hiding behind his big brother planet. (I refuse to degrade Pluto as dwarf-planet.) Everyone who has a bit of common sense and a bit of extra knowledge would merely have been enthusiastic about their findings and would not be trying to play around with it like things are a game but read about it and learn some more. This behaviour does not make me intelligent, just curious and gives me lots of trivial information that I don't need, that is using up brainspace, of which we actually have enough and only use very little of, that I could better use for college. 

I realise I do not necessarily want an education, a paper that tells me that I am qualified to do something. In my world a paper like that is nothing worth, it is not about what you can do, but what you are doing. Unfortunately, you are required to have a paper to have a job that pays your rent and a little bit more. Especially during these days of economic hardship any employers like to see and know and be assured of the skills of their employees. As I have no skills, no further education, getting a job is very hard. On top of not having a lot of vacancies, employers rather want to employ somebody with job experience than somebody who doesn't have any, that instantly rules me out. The other problem is that I am still not sure where I will be in a few months and it is useless to get a job for which you will have to travel an hour to get there in a few months.

I want to be a fucking hippie in a fucking hippie van, living off street performances and cheer luck. I don't care if I starve to death, as least I won't be a boring working prick.

No comments: