Oh god, I had almost forgotten about you and now it is late and I actually really want to go to bed instead of writing this to you. But I made a promise to you and to myself to do a daily vlog and I will try and keep it up, because, well, it is practise of some sort.
Today was an awkward day, I haven't been stared at this much in my entire life and I have had some weird stares and glances from across the room. I know that going to college with green hair was not the best thing, Den Haag is not known for its open mindedness and going to college where half of them are Muslim doesn't make it easier to be different. I have never been my class' favourite, that is not quite true, I was one of the most popular girls when I was just a wee kid because then my classmates didn't care that I was crazy, now they just don't find it that necessary to have a conversation with me. The table next to me is empty a lot of the time, today there was two tables in between me and my neighbour because he could care to sit next to me. I'm green, I'm crazy, I am contagious. At least I spread like a virus and infiltrate your brains with my talk.
For the first time in my life I also took the train without any valid card or ticket on my because I was so bloody stupid to forget my student travel card, which allows me to travel for free throughout week days. Thank god there was nobody to check if I had any valid ticket with me or they would have fined me and I didn't have my ID on me either because I left both my wallet and ID in my other bag that I used to for the hairdye shopping yesterday.
At home I got some shit about my hair, told my mother that it was the perfect colour to puke on because you wouldn't see the difference anyway and said to my sister that is was a natural colour because it's it has the colour of shiny plants. My teachers on the other hand were happy with the colour and found me quite brave to have this radio-active hair-do at school, most wouldn't do it out of fear of what others thing of them. I don't get that? Why are people afraid of what others think of them? What makes them so afraid of doing something that is not standard and not accepted by some people they don't know? It's that attitude that gives people like me who don't give a shit about other people's opinion about other people's looks a hard time. If we all stop given a ship about what others think of us the world would be a much happier and less prejudiced place. Even in the train I was not safe from the laughter of girls who found my hair hilarious. At least my hair is hilarious, my jokes are as dead as the fly that I poked at musical rehearsal. For the record, the fly wasn't dead, just pretend to be dead while dying. Perhaps my hair is so hilarious that it can get its own talk-show or perhaps become a stand-up comedian, I could earn money with it!
You could have worse things than green hair, you could have drawn on green eyebrows, those looks weird. You could also smell like an old lady who smokes a package of cigarettes a day like a teacher of mine, perhaps you are a woman growing a real manly beard and stache. You could also use so much foundation that you skin looks either three tones darker than it is or be orange, both isn't as good as the girls applying those eight layers of foundation on their face think it looks. But hey! You can't have everything, I got the balls and they got, well, not the brains.
No comments:
Post a Comment