Saturday, 26 March 2011

We are the Bogeymen

So, I forgot, well not really forgot, to write an entry yesterday day. I was just so completely swamped by work that I only got around to breathing at 11pm. That was not my only issues, because my internet is being a complete and utter cunt. Like right now, there is no internet connection, thank god that this thing keeps going even though there is no internet. Troublesome thing is that when the situation occurred that my computer crashes this is all gone since it won;t be auto-saving this text anymore. On a bi-note, I won't really be on facebook for the next two week. I got exams coming up and I really, really, really, not really, not to study these subjects. I have promised myself to do good in college, for once I am going to try to make this come true and kick my sister's ass. Showing me and her that I can be a good student and that I am not as stupid as I am.

Playing the bogeymen? Well, this is more of a real life situation based on a Dutch adverb that suggest that when you are criticising someone badly, even though it is constructed and valid, you are playing the bogeyman. For the last week this is the case at college. One of the work-partners is just not doing anything and if she does something it is completely rubbish and for 70% copied off the internet. This wouldn't be so bad if we would still be in high school, but we aren't and if they find out that some things are copied straight off the internet, we will be charged with fraud, have to confront the commission about and it risk being kicked off college.

We cannot be anything but bogeymen to protect what we have. Everybody but him/her (not going to elaborate) is doing their work, not only in time but also good. Whatever this person contributes to our essays is of such minimal quality that it can't even be considered work. It is all such a complete mess and the most frightening thing of all is that we have to get this all done before Monday afternoon. That is are final deadline, after that will be seen as not delivered and we will have to redo it next period/semester. All this talking about solving this work he/she is not doing is taking up so much of our time, seriously slowing us down. We could have been done yesterday if it wasn't for her. It has even come to the point that if he/she has not finished her part of the essay before 12 this afternoon she will get a red card (very childish college system) which means that she will just be kicked out of our group and won't get the point. In this case it means that getting enough points to go to the next year is minimal. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't think this person really belongs in college.

Tonight I will try and write another entry, but I can't promise anything since I might as well be doing more work on that essay.

No comments: