Friday, 4 March 2011

All I Need Is Love

Today was such a tiring day, not because I have been running around all day, which I haven't since I have been sitting around all day. Well, that is tiring too as I had Financial Management and it takes a lot of concentration to follow that subject, but all is fine with a little bit of motivation.

I tried buying my sister some lunch, but found out that I had no money whatsoever on my bank account and that I could not even afford to buy her some food that I had promised her since she bought my concert tickets. Then I thought up some cunning plans to take advantage of the situation. I am not stupid and even do I resend using the argument of money or no money to get what I want I decided to ask my mum to buy me some new clothes. I had already planned to buy some skinnies so I could wear a shirt that I had bought. So we went grocery shopping together, as that is what my mum does before dinner on Friday.

In the clothing store I saw some really lovely 70's and hippies inspired clothing. I have come to fall in love with that style, but also with the way of live the hippies have/had. Some of my friends know what I am talking about when I say that some aspects of the subculture we do or do not belong in has a lot of hippie inspired things in it. In the end it all comes down to love. It is as simple as that. Most of the things we do is because we love them or we don't love them, so we don't them. It is hard to realise that within our little community there is so much love, we are so open toward eachother when it comes to love and sexual attraction.

All I want in life is to be free, but under these circumstances and the way the world is today, being free is so hard. I don't want to be stuck, I don't want to be owned and I don't want to wear things others wear but somehow the choice is very limited. Funny how hippie/70's inspired clothing is far more expensive than the chain store 90's inspired clothing that is now in fashion.

If someone is willing to travel America in a van with me, for about a year, you are welcome. Perhaps this is what I really should do and become, a rubber tramp as they call it now. Live on the road and be free and perhaps play violin like the gypsies, it would be a wonderful life but I would miss the luxuries of my current life, like computer, internet, money, on the other hand I would get a lot in return and perhaps also a lot of love, respect and friendship.

Who's in to travel with me?

No comments: