Monday, 20 December 2010

In Which I Try to Study

You know that feeling when you try to study but other things distract you to the point that you aren't studying at all. I am the queen of avoidance. This morning I sort of tried studying, but at the same time I wanted to play a game desperately. I decided to do both, as the game required lots of time basically doing nothing, I would just give myself constant breaks from the game or studying. In the end I hardly did anything at all. I got bored of both and decided to go downstairs to watch some tv. I think I came to chapter two or three of my book and I need to study three books with all about 15 chapters. I am so not gonna pass this exam week that comes right after the holidays. I keep avoiding and putting things off.

- You have two weeks to go, you can make it.
- If you play that game now you can study later
- Aren't you hunger or thirsty, get something
- Aren't you just bored? Go do something else for a while

30 minutes later: nothing has been done and I am still on point zero of studying but have done all kinds of other things. I just peeked into the summary I got, I ended at chapter 2.5, right, it is going to be a long, long week. I am not cut out for studying, I can write all kind of essays without a problem, studying on the other hand comes very unnatural to me. How am I supposed to learn all this without my brains exploding in festive grey firework.

Tips would be very very welcome.

No comments: