Friday, 15 April 2011

Follow the White Rabbit

"I'm late! I'm Late! For an very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm Late! I'm Late. I'm late!"

You would think, what does the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland have to do with me? I could give you the obvious answer, that in fact I have been inspired by the white rabbit for my EFF costume. The costume inspired from the White Rabbit from the Disney film, consisting of a blue waistskirt, a yellow buttoned shirt, a red leather waist jacket and a white wig, leg warmers, ears and tail, topped off with a minuscule top-hat. Which is the obvious conclusion to why I look like the White Rabbit.

In truth, it is much deeper, something a dear friend of mine might have picked up on, perhaps not. First off, I am always terribly afraid to be late somewhere and when I am going with someone I will always tell them to hurry up or we'll be late. Second, I like pocked watches, they are beautiful things to carry around and look so much better than a wristwatch. In fact, I own several wristwatches but I hardly use them, I much prefer to wear my pocketwatch around my neck, even though it doesn't work, it looks much better and fits me better.

The White Rabbit from a Czech film, lovely


In Alice in Wonderland, the White Rabbit might be one of the sanest characters in both the books. It is a rational and logical and he keeps his answers to the sanest level. When they suggest burning down his house to get Alice out, he is the one stopping them and disagreeing. What most of all describes me is that even though the white Rabbit is the sanest character in Wonderland, Wonderland itself is completely out of wack and thus making sane the new insanity. I, myself, am bordering on insanity. I have never been crazy enough to fall through the rabbit hole into Wonderland, but I have peeked through the cracks and tasted the tea. I would be Alice if I wasn't so scared like our rabbit, who's knees quiver with the thought of being beheaded.

Tomorrow I will crawl through that rabbit hole and be myself, since I haven't really been myself lately. It is even strange for me to admit to classmates that I in fact prefer the ladyshape of the boyshape at any time, well, at most times. Harder is even to say that I like in females, I can't tell that when I haven't been thinking about sex for months, half my life I will probably be an asexual being. Sex is not important to me and I am certainly not brooding or nesting or yearning for  sexual intimacy. Hurting yourself or getting hurt in any way just kills your sex drive, like bombs kill people and plants and nuclear plants kill everything but flies.

Tomorrow the world will be mine, I got Lara Croft to back me up!







No comments: