Saturday, 2 April 2011

Braland

Today has been such a busy day that my trousers were wet from the butt-sweating and my arms were aching. It was all worth it, though. You can't have a nice day if you don't work for it, well you can, you could have planted your ass in a chair and sit in the sun all day, because the weather was outrageously beautiful for the time of year. Here it means the sun is not only warm, but humidity is high and makes me want to kill myself and enjoy the sun at the same time. When it becomes summer, the sun has become so mainstream that I start behaving like a non-conformist and hide indoors, not it is usually that by the time it is summer humidity is killing me outside, not that it didn't today.

So, what the hell were I up to anyway? First I went into town to buy some fur. Fur you say? Well, I am going to make myself a very skimpy white rabbit costume, no, it is going to be a strange costume loosely based in the White Rabbit in Disney's Alice in Wonderland, with a modern and drug addict/rock 'n roll twist to it. Also I went into town to shop for bras. Yesterday I killed my last fitting bra, so I was in dire need of new bras. I hate going bra shopping and somehow I happen to go bra shopping with I have cut my tummy making me not want to show the bras to my mum or sister, who tagged along for the money. Me and my sister are broke because my father hasn't given us our monthly allowance yet and we have been shopping for spring/summer clothes and things needed for the Elf Fantasy Fair. I decided to be a little crazy and switch for the usual 85C to a 80D and apparently they fit better, I feel like I am cheating with boobs this size because my mum and sister don't go past the 75A.

After that we brought all the cooking equipment me and my sister need for when we live on our own somewhere else to the car so they could be brought there so we are rid of that stuff here. I thought we needed loads of things, but basically, we are almost set when it comes to cooking things, plates and glasses. In the last few years we have gathered some extra things from Christmas boxes and cheap deals. Then me and my sister had to hurry for our final repetition before the concert. Before we actually got to the church we got horribly lost, because google maps likes to only show the names of big streets and so they just skipped the fact that after one street come another 3 different street names. After that I thought I could trust my sister on directions but I should have known, my sense of direction is better.

The concert itself went odd. I guess we all sounded ok, but on this piece birdland, everybody got lost after the first few measures. Nobody did notice because you couldn't hear the strings above the jazz group. The end was just a bit off, as all strings were waiting to play the last note and the conductor just didn't indicated  that we had to play, so we were all ready, bows in hand and we didn't play the last note. The last piece we played was a Baroque Flamenco, perhaps it didn't go as good as it should, but damn, that piece of music is bloody awesome.

This is a video of the writer of this piece, they actually excluded the best part of the music piece.

No comments: