Monday, 17 January 2011

On Creative Blackouts

This is gonna be rather short. I am quite inspirationless and quite frankly, a little tired. You know that thing I do at night, staying awake because I find stuff on the internet to read, yeah, I do that too often even though I got exams.

Today I had my first "real" exam of the year, consisting of multiple-choice questions and three open questions about the how and why of projectmanagement. I find half it bullshit and even the teachers have said that this is one of the many methods that can be used while managing a project. So why do we have to study a whole 300 somewhat page book about that particular method and know it by heart when it is one of many? I thought that the multiple-choice questions went alright, it was not like I put much effort into studying it. I am one of those girls that when she gets distracted, she gets distracted, to the point of spending 9 hours doing completely different things while she was motivatedly [spellcheck says it is not a word, screwdriver them] studying before.  However, when I came to the open questions .... I think I don't have to say anything about that. It was like somebody just told me that the world is shaped like a giant penis and that I am living on one of the hairy balls. I sort of did understand the questions but I just got a creative black-out. I mean, the questions made me write possibilities, or rather the risks and possible solutions of an festival opening in open air. My brain just farted and in the end I could barely give a profound answer to that question. I hope that the multiple-choice questions were good enough to make me pass.

Also, don't you hate it when you have things planned and suddenly teachers decided to change the schedule last minute so you have to rearranged all other things you have planned. Talking about powerstructure.

All I have to do for these last two exam weeks is read my group's projectplan thoroughly and read the projectplan of another group and try to find the good and the bad (and the ugly). Next week I got my last two exams, marketing and communication, marketing is not that hard, just logical thinking. Communication needs a bit of studying but it is actually a field of knowledge I get and have not much trouble to understand and memorise. I don't know what that is. I have had enough brainfarts today already. I call it quits.

By the way, just to tell you guys some interesting things about myself again. Today my parents are married for 25 years. Congratulations mum and dad, strangely enough you are probably one of the few couples that made it so far without really fighting while raising three kids of which one of them has Autism, another one is a general pain in the ass at times and another one is the huggable kind of cute but needs love. You did a great job and thanks for everything. Also, because of this silver marriage they want to take my grandma, grandpa and attached grandparents to Soldier of Orange the musical and take me and my siblings alone. Can't wait to see it again!

Also, thanks for saying that I made a delicious applepie, I did it with love. Yes, I just love baking, especially when it's good tasting.

This has become much longer that I had anticipated. I like words, but they frustrate me too.

Cuddles and love,
Gigi

No comments: