I love pre-scheduled updates, it makes me able to just post entries days before they actually get published so I don't have to worry about writing anything while I don't have time. Last weekend was super duper mega busy, I am glad that sleep was still part of it. Not that THAT was a lot, but it was still enough to keep me alive. Unfortunately, circumstances have fried my brain. [wonders off with her mind to the moon staring down on her from the tiny window in her room]
Saturday wasn't so busy yet, I ended up watching a film while practising some Dutch, as if I need that you would think. Yes, I actually do need to practise, my Dutch grammar is not all that, nor is my spelling. Due to students failing at Dutch, the Dutch government and my college decided to give every student a Dutch exam in their first year so that they can prove that they manage Dutch as good as they should. If you fail that exam this year, you get multiple chances to pass, you get kicked out the course. So I was just doing some test exams to see what I need to pay attention to and what I got in my tiny fingers already. I want to be the best, but I am afraid that that is not going to happen, I am not the best and never will be and might as well accept that.
Sunday was, horrible. the morning was ok, just went to orchestra rehearsal and got home around 1pm. After that I watched a bit tv since nobody has send me their finished files yet, so I just had to wait, the deadline was at 5pm. Then I got a mail that somebody's computer had crashed and that he had lost all his files and that he had to start all over again on his part of the project. I only had to put everything together and all that mumbo jumbo that belongs to it. In the end I had to work non stop from 3pm till 12:30am or 0:30 if you want to be picky. I was ready to stab my own brain in and just give up. I wasn't even done by that time but had decided to just go to bed and see what my big friend with his crashed computer would send during the night, or not. Fact is that I also started too late with my individual parts for other courses and that I basically spend all day working for a group project putting my own work aside. So I was a little frustrated that I had become such a slacker again.
I woke up around 6am, always a lovely time to wake up at, not even my body and mind grant me a lot of sleep. Because my new phone is awesome I checked my mail to see if I had any incoming mails with attachments and yes! There they were, everything that I thought I needed to finish the project. I went downstairs, inserted his part into the mega file, the whole thing consisted of about 60pages already. Printed the whole damn thing, all the other individual parts were already printed, didn't want to wait with that either. You know what my printed did?? It was out of ink when I had 3 pages left! Thank god that there was another cartridge for black ink left, so I could continue printing. All by all, it was very very stressful but I got it done. Of course in school people realised that were missing things of had forgotten to send me files so we ended working in school for another 2 hours before it was done. It was certainly not my fault, I had everything done and had everything printed. My individual work might not have been perfect, in fact, it was far from perfect but I hate to make self evaluations, they suck because it's just a bunch of ridiculous questions. "What is your view of the media world and where do you see yourself in it?" I don't know, I am still hoping that this study is the right one for me! I am afraid not, but worries are for later.
So now my brain is deepfried and I decided to wear the appropriate shirt for it "Dead is the New Alive." Also, finally after almost half a year I am doing violinlessons again, it took a while, didn't it? Wish me luck for these exam weeks, I am anything but prepared and I am a natural slacker.
[Next movie: not natural born killers but Natural Born Slackers, about the real life of students and how they put things off till the last minute and make friends and enemies that way. It is going to be the best film of 2011, it will create a tsunami and create a monsterwave that kills humanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment