Point of notice: is it me or is everybody celebrating summer, because as of last week there are only two people’s visiting my blog. Not that I find myself so interesting, but it is just strange that I went from 20 visitors a day to 2 visitors every two days. Then again, I blame nobody for enjoying their summer, the sun, the free time, their summer jobs, going out with friends.
What do my days look like, well, they look like any other day, except for that I don’t have to go to college for two months. So there is nothing to do and not much to look forward too. The only thing that my mind can’t leave alone is my hostel booking, it is driving me absolutely nuts. So I booked a few nights at a hostel through the site hostel world and now my mind is panicking. The very general anxiety about how the room isn’t book and I will be arriving there on my own and I got no place to sleep and no place to go and too anxious to do anything about it. That is why I don’t go out on my own so much and have arranging things for myself.
I have tried to slowly overcome that fear but it is not getting much better, I try new things, I try to socialise, nothing seems to work. Sometimes I get so overcome with anxiety that I rather stay at home and do nothing, not speak to anyone and just be here in my room on my own, other days I want to socialise but still manage to get scared by talking to people. Then again, I think somebody was hitting on me this weekend, by telling how he was going to be all alone that night and that he would like somebody to hang out with. I didn’t look at him while he was talking, just eating my dinner and trying not to look like a complete fool while eating. Not that I would have agreed with going with him for the night, even though he was a nice guy, nice looking too, but I had a night shift so I would only get off at midnight and be in need of my own bed to be able to get up at 8am the next morning.
Now it seems that summer has really come and the weathermen in this part of the world agree on that this was the first of the three tropical days that they predicted. Most people would agree with each other that this is most wonderful news and have their bikini ready. I on the other hand try to dress decently while trying to wear as little clothing as possible. I don’t get out of the house and try to find the coolest room in the house to hide in. It’s not that I don’t like the sun or warm weather, it is just that it makes me feel sick to be in the warmth. I have resorted to wearing a shirt while my bra is visible through it and pyjamapants as light summer trousers.
My question of the day is, what do you do when it is warm outside and you are off?
1 comment:
Well, i was never really good at solving such heat problems, but walking around with wet hair helps. But mostly i creep in the shadows, not showing myself much on direct sunlight :)
Post a Comment