Saturday, 25 June 2011

Daddy

Today I had one of those moments that I got told that I look remarkably like my dad, well it is true, I do look like my old man. It's the small things in which we look like each other. Especially the way we walk is the same, even though I don't quite know what everybody means with that. Somehow people see the resemblance between me and my dad, much more than they see the resemblance between me and my mum. It's just that I am a little broader than my mum, like my dad's family, lighter eyes, broader face, just the small things. The only real thing that comes from my mum's side of the family is the weird nose that nobody in her family actually has but my niece. Aren't genes just strange??

When it comes to personality, me and my dad are so much alike that you could hold up a mirror and see the same troll. We both like a little heavier music, I a little more than him, we both like the avant-garde, the strange, the cultural things that others find rather strange. Then again, my way of thinking is a lot like my dad's little brother. So yes, I truly am my daddy's girl. If I was even faced with the question which parents to live with, I would have to pick my dad. Not because he such a great dad, he has his bad moments, but me and my dad are more compatible than me and my mum.

For example, my mum always cringes when I get a new piercing or new hair colour. My dad just seems to not care about it and is secretly proud of my lifestyle. I know he won't say it but he always tells other about my quirky look. Me and my dad just get along so much better, that is why in times of trouble my mum asks my dad to talk to me. I'm not really daddy's girl, but you probably know what I mean.

On top of this all, I got a brother who is autistic, of which I show signs of too. The more I talk to others with similar mental disorders, the more people tell me that I might "suffer" from ADD, which is quite likely. I am not too bothered by it, but still, it is something. It would completely explain the constant songs that are in my head, not one, but three or four at the same time. I might just be a light form of ADD or ADHD, which the adjoining light from of dyslexia, but who really cares? It is not enough to make a benefit on putting a label on my mind. Don't get me wrong, I am not self diagnosing, it's just that after 20 years living with my brother, helping special schools and living with me make the people around me with knowledge about these disorder tell me or ask me if I got ADD or ADHD. Honestly, I actually do believe them, because if I were to self-diagnose I would never diagnose myself with ADD or ADHD, it's too common. You know what, I prefer myself hyperactive and singing 4 different songs in my head at the same time than calm and quite, because what else would I have to do when I am alone, listen to the wind?? I've got a 24/7 party in my head when I let the songs play.

Good night, there are thoughts to be have without you knowing it. I guess I have spilled enough thoughts on this blog already! It is easy to keep a blog when you are constantly thinking about things, I have about 3 or 4 good ideas a day, so I could go on forever! Night.

No comments: