Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Final Fantasy Plot

So, I am probably not the biggest fan of Final Fantasy, don't say I am not enjoying the games, but I haven't played more than two. This might just be the observations of a noob, though I pride myself in finishing FF-X twice with almost all hidden treasures found etc., except for the Sun Sigil and consequently the power of the Ultimate Weapon. What can I say, I suck balls at riding a chocobo. This is gonna be a rent without much research, just pointing out what I noticed while playing FF-VII.

Final Fantasy seems to be revolving around the same sort of plot, there is always a main power that abuses said power in the hope of controlling the people. Next to the existing power that clutches to somehow the remainders of it, a powerful character appears, killing lots of people to become the lonesome ruler of the planet. The playable characters have sort of the same skills, main character has a sword, a girl with a staff, a very cheery girl, tough guy with long range weapon, animal character. There just seems to be going around the maintheme of fighting against a dominant corrupting power and a more powerful enemy who takes the ideas of the dominant group too serious.

Just compate Aerith and Yuna, they both are destined to do great things, Yuna as a summoner and daughter of a High Summoner, and Aerith an Ancient, one who can bring the Promised Land.

But perhaps these similarities are only clear between these two games, though FF-XIII also has a religious group as dominant power. This all means that I got to finish FF-VII, FF-XII and FF-X-2, because I don't have access to the PS2 at the moment. Perhaps this summer I will finially finish them all, even though I find the  game play in FF X-2 and XII a bitch, no matter how hard I try I keep dying. 

No comments: