***
There I was, almost finished with my first round, there were only ten houses to go and as pulled my last bundle out of my bag I saw another postman driving down the street into my direction. Nothing wrong you think, well, I have stumbled upon this man before, because it's not a all to big a village I work and live in and he seems to have some mental issues, always talking to himself and sometimes shouting while delivering mail. It's quite disturbing and sometimes even threatening because he doesn't have the nicest of appearances, scared faced and thin. So I just started delivering my mail, till I came to this container filled with rubble. I could now hear what he was saying "I'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm HUNGRY". He had put his bike with bags attached against the container and started searching in one of the plastic bags in the container filled with concrete rubble, saying to himself: "I'm hungry." When I was done with that part of the street I went back, since it was only one side of the street, and saw him taking a PVC pipe out of the container while shouting "I'm hungry." At this point I was rather confused if he was looking for something to eat or that he unconsciously was saying what he was thinking while looking through rubble. But then, why would he look through rubble, it's rubble after all and you can't really use falling apart concrete, can you? At least I hope he wasn't planning on eating that pile, would be a bit heavy on the stomach. Whether he could not see the the difference between a place where you can find food and rumble is still a question that is going through my head, I hope he does, for the sake of his body.
No comments:
Post a Comment