Thursday, 12 November 2009

Reminiscence of Rainy Days

so yesterday, while walking my round and trying not to let the rain spoil all the mail I was carrying around I thought of something that happened many a years ago in a place and time that is hard to forget. So, what was this thought I had, this memory of the past that torments and fills me so.

When I was young, still a little girl who did everything those big mean guys from a block away told her to do, I had a friend whom I loved and with which I spend most of my time with. On a rainy November day, while we were playing on the playground near our house. We both lived in the seem street and in the middle was a square and on both sides were houses, I lived in the house nearest to the street and he lived in the house farthest from the street and on the other side of the square but across the playground. On that day our parents weren't at home and those big boys, I think they were just about 16, 17 years old and were were 6, we decided to play in the rainy sand box. We were hopping around with our rainboots on our little feet till those guys came with their scooters and sort of frightened us. They told us to go sit in the rainfilled sandbox, we did. We played around in the water that came to our knees in the middle of the box and we loved it. It was probably quite cold but we didn't care so much, we had so much fun playing in that sand box getting dirty. Untill, of course, our mothers came and found us.

Wait, this was not the story I wanted to tell, but it also unclded sand and water. What I was really thinking about while walking in the rain was the sunny days at primary school.

When it was really sunny outside our primary school, where me and that same friend went to, had water days. This meant that you had to bring your swimsuits and they would uses hoses and water boxes to entertain us during the break. Me and my friend, as dirty and odd as we were, we let the teachers spray us with water. This is very normal behaviour for children, then we went to the sandbox and rolled around until the sand stuck to our bodies. We proceded to get the sand washed of our bodies and again roll in the sandbox until it was to wrap it up and change clothes again. I think the teachers didn't like it that we were rolling around in the sand. I am also pretty sure that the sand was in every crack and crevice of our body.

Sadly enough there are no pictures to accompany this post. I hope you had a laugh while reading this, I sure as hell miss the kid I used to be. Before all hell broke lose.

2 comments:

Sophia said...

i had a laugh ;D
and you have an award to pick up at my blog!

http://thornandrose.blogspot.com/

Robbert Meijs said...

Happy you still havent forgotten me ^^, and also i think any of us could care less we where so dirty =P

yours,
Robbert