Monday, 22 August 2011

Slowing Down

For a moment life is slowing down again to a gentle pace. There is nothing to rush to and no need to hurry, I could hurry but it wouldn't make anything go faster in any way. It is now only waiting for institutes to actually get on with their work and verify my papers, or submit me or whatever they are supposed to do and are not doing fast enough. As hectic as last week was with the most amazing foam party I have ever been to, my first one, but an amazingly fun and great one at that, there is need for some quiet time.

I really don't know when college starts, all I know that the academic year starts on the 5th of September and that this academic years ends on the 31st of August. I have heard no further news of my study or of the university, simply because I failed at sending out my payment form. Hopefully as soon as that is done I will hear some more news. I also wrote a mail to my old college to ask them what the hell has happened to my application as I have been waiting for an answer for almost two months and I really need it now.

Tomorrow is my lovely birthday, which I, as tradition, won't be celebrating. However, I did got some prezzies, as my parents persist on celebrating that another 364 days have past since I was born on this goddamn planet they call earth. I don't mind presents, but usually they really disappoint me, this year they didn't. Wouldn't let this one slide and just pointed out what I wanted, so I would definitely get what I wanted. For the first time in years I wasn't disappointed in any way in the present my parents bought for me. I got a DLSR camera, which I will put to good use, taking pictures of random things and just going places with my camera and enjoying what I can do and will teach myself to do. It is good to have a basic camera to work with, there is always room for expanding what you got, especially when your parent's big lenses fit on your own. WIN. My sister had bought me a small purse with flowers on it, it is really cute and small but not too small. It is perfect for those days you just want to go out and shop and not bring your big guns to a knife fight.

To better ignore my birthday, like I did last year by going to Spain, this year I will go on sorority camp. A three day introduction camp for new members and apparently these are real fun. I got my packlist the only thing that confuses me is that they want me to take a 'Grue' with me, whatever that might be. My dad told my grandma that she could call me tomorrow, that is going to be fun, having a phonecall with my granny while on the train or bus to the south. "Hey granny" "Everybody say hello to my granny!"

See you all in a few days, hopefully the weather will be more pleasant than today.

No comments: