Thursday, 18 August 2011

Deja-vu

Ever since the ICMU in Belgium I am having frequent deja-vu moments. the first one was when we sat in the hostel and talking and I distinctly remember the question asked being asked in my dreams, the only thing that was different was that the walls were more vibrant. For the last few days I am having quite frequent deja-vu moments, even though I have done things I have never done before, met a dozen new people.

What does this mean? Why is this happening and does this have any meaning at all. I can only think of two explanations right now. The first one is a quite optimistic one. All these moments are just my dreams coming true, literally. This is the moment I have been waiting for, I have found my way to where I should have been, this is it. This is the defining moment, the start of my life, the real beginning of me as a whole person. My soul and my destiny have finally met and from now on I am no longer a puppet of faith, I can make my own destiny because this is where I should have gone to, this is what connects everything. All paths have lead to this moment, this place, this is where my life should and has gone to and this is just a new beginning, a new phase in my life.

The second one is a doom scenario. It is like a thriller, we know what will happen but we don't know the answer and we don't know the solution, we only know bits and pieces of the tragic that is about the unfold under our eyes. Warning signs in the darkness, hard to distinct from dreams. My life has inevitably lead to this moment, this place, this time, after this something disastrous will happen and I will cease to exist.

Perhaps it is one of those things that keeps repeating until I get it right. In the end I just die and unless I find a way not to die, I will continue this loop. This deja-vu moments are just holes in the time frame that show me a bit of the tragic that is about the unfold. Perhaps this has all happened before and somewhere it has gone so wrong that I got stuck in an endless time loop unless I find a way to break the spell.

What theory do you believe in?

1 comment:

Mad Slav said...

Strange coincidence - a friend of mine has told me that she has, maybe, she same thing: For example one night she dreams that she is sitting in some room and drops a spoon on the floor. A month later she is sitting in the same room and drops the same spoon - such small ordinary moments, which she dreams about and after a month or two they really happen. It hasn't been really helpful for her, mainly because she usually forgets about the dreams until they come true and also because the dreams rarely include something important. It's some kind of future seeing maybe? So if it's the same thing don't worry - it's not a time loop and also she has those from about 2 or 3 years and nothing apocalyptic or deathly has happened. But you can get a glimpse or two of where will you be after a few weeks and what will you do then.
Nevertheless I so much wish you to be the first one of your ideas - it's so cool and optimistic :)