Saturday, 13 August 2011

Keep Swimming

The black ocean water is gushing all over me, dragging me down to the bottom. Even though I am a good swimmer, I will not be able to survive the storm, the cold embrace of the water. The once gentle and blue water, a reflection of an cloudless sky, turned into hell in a split second. The same moment a thunderbolt shot down from heaven and put out the sun. The waves rolling over my head, leaving me gasping for air but when I open my mouth to let in the oxygen a new wave of black cover my head and drags me down. Deeper and deeper into the storm my body floats, under the surface of the water. The black ink dragging me further down onto the ocean floor. I try to reach up, but there is nobody but me sailing the waters of my ocean of sorrow. The tears that should have rolled down my cheeks lose their meaning in the gallons of water around me. Down on the bottom of the darkness I will wait until the rays of the sun lights my way to the surface again.

No comments: