Saturday, 19 June 2010

The Tide

Bit by bit the world falls apart,
As the veil of death slowly covers her face
her smile a mask of death
above a stirring surface

She might not see the pain I hide,
when she talks about the things she knows
when my eyes turn red and dry
my inner river flows

In the silence of my night
In her nightmares full of inner fights
the perfect storm gathers
And I simply pray.

I won’t watch the tide to take my daughter away
to lands where I cannot go
and to god I beg to let her stay
to save her for another day

I see her cry, over the battles I lost
I wish for her to smile when I smile
for my world is full of black
and trying is all I can do
I still never want to hurt you
And I will live another day
for you,
for me.




This is to my mother whom I cause more harm to than I wish.
If I could only make your burden lighter, since you see through my lies so easily.
I only lie to protect you, so you won't have to worry about me.
So, don't worry, I'll be fine, I promise.


1 comment:

Saya said...

It's beautiful.