Monday, 14 June 2010

Colour Your World Orange & Hitler ain't So Bad

Colour Your World Orange

Today it was the first game of the World championship football that the Orange team played. While working I was wondering about the strange thing that is how we call everything that has to do with our national team and sports. The days and weeks before a special game, or special event, when the streets start to colour orange we call the "Orange Craze" also during the games, when we all were orange, when we go see games together, when we colour our world orange for the sake of sports. Today, I had to work, very early because of football, I snickered because I don't give a damn about it and apparently even the company I work for had taken the first game the Dutch team played into consideration. Only the Dutch football team is called Orange for short, well, they won with 2-0 against Denmark, with an own goal for Denmark, subtly backbutted from a teammate's headbutt out of the direction of the goal. That were the only 10 minutes I watched when I got home from work, trying to avoid the orange craze, when the game began it went quiet in the streets as everyone was watching the game. I don't, I am boring. One more thing I noticed is how poorer the neighbourhood the more orange flags and support you see, the rich neighbourhoods have nothing hanging out, no flags, no signs, they are the same as ever.

Hitler ain't So Bad


I already did a rant about how awful the vision and the ideas of the Party for Freedom is, but just like Hitler they got a good side too, not everything they preach is anti Islamitic, they also got a few good stands on other topics, but their main topic still is the Islam. For example both Hitler and Wilders want to support health care and the care for elderly. Both want better roads, Hitler made the Autobahn to be able to move his tanks, Wilders just want to race across the country without having to drive 80km/h in certain zones. I mean there are enough people that say nothing Hitler every day was good, but he did do some things that even 3rd world countries don't have, yes, he used them to brainwash kids and youngster, but at least they had a roof above their heads and were able to do sports. Both parties, the PVV and NSDAP know that they have to please the people in order to win them, even though in both cases most things won't ever happen, in the case of current Netherlands, this is a good things, in pre-WWII Germany, it was a bad thing as it was used to create a war. Though, isn't screaming that you want to shut out an entire religious group asking for war? A terrorist war? Should we be afraid that extremism, even in the form of western politics, creates inevitable some sort of war? Perhaps it does, perhaps we are now the new target of the radical extremist out there, I hope not because I am not supporting Wilders' view on immigrants and the Islamic world. Looking at what both PVV and NSDAP were preaching, it isn't and wasn't all bad and some people just want to see change but vote for the wrong party, because even Hitler were his even more extremist view of pure Germany got voted in as the biggest party. In the end, we are the ones to blame when a party with extremist views takes the lead after "democratic" voting. Because who doesn't say yes to paid days off, opposite of not having that. Hitler should never have happened, nor WWII, but after the treaty of Versaille it was inevitable.

In the Netherlands they are currently discussing if a coalition between PVV and VVD will work, I hope it doesn't, but you never know. They might agree on some compromise and we will have a racist party leading the country with the perpetual student of the VVD being the puppet of him. 

No comments: