An ode to my little black heart
broken, tattered, falling apart.
I once cared for you my beating friend,
nursed the wound that would never mend.
Holding you like a valuable treasure,
too special and big to measure.
But with every beating you had to take,
a little more of you began to flake.
Until there was nothing left but this crumbling lie,
too ugly to see, too careless to cry.
You made me an apathetic out of me,
with every bit of happiness I couldn't see.
Emotions burnt in the fire that you start,
making you my empty, little black heart.
Though I long ago threw you away,
it made no difference during the day.
At night I would dreamless sleep,
with you missing, at night, I weep.
I found you back in the box I kept you in,
my pretty, tattered, beating thing.
I love the way you make me tremble and cry,
I hate how you hurt me and make me die.
The lesson I learned when we were apart,
you will always be my little black heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment