I hate the Butterflies
I wake up in the middle of the night,
the butterflies stinging my insides.
the butterflies stinging my insides.
They creep on me, take my by surprise,
it just doesn’t feel right.
it just doesn’t feel right.
I wonder how love would strike like this,
it is not at all what I wish.
Instead of fluttering, there is doubt and pain,
and from the sky falls the cold rain.
it is not at all what I wish.
Instead of fluttering, there is doubt and pain,
and from the sky falls the cold rain.
I left your sun behind me through the sky,
perhaps I broke, perhaps I cried.
The rivers flood and the streams took me away,
turning day into night, night into day.
perhaps I broke, perhaps I cried.
The rivers flood and the streams took me away,
turning day into night, night into day.
Still the butterflies flutter, sting and fight,
every minute takes ages, a blink a night.
I get scared of my own thoughts and drown them out,
ignore my fears, ignore the doubts.
every minute takes ages, a blink a night.
I get scared of my own thoughts and drown them out,
ignore my fears, ignore the doubts.
Everyday I try to pick up the courage to speak,
forget the feelings that make me weak.
Even though the butterflies bite, I still hope,
that this time I might be able to cope.
forget the feelings that make me weak.
Even though the butterflies bite, I still hope,
that this time I might be able to cope.
No comments:
Post a Comment