Friday, 12 March 2010

Pushing Daisies

As swift and the blade taunted my soul
I pushed the daisies and began to grow,
out of my body that felt to tight
To satisfy my hunger I lived at night
No sleep to slow down my mind,
no peace in my head that I can find
Scraps of thoughts floating in a sea
a little incoherent or too far away to see
There have been years gone to waste,
no wonder that I got this haste.
Where have my lost days gone,
where was I hiding and for how long?
The sea becomes a storm overnight,
the careless running is now that of fright.
The world I left behind me starts to crumble down,
for a moment I watch and frown.
I close my eyes again to hope it goes away,
but it all seems worse in the light of day.
As quickly as I surfaced to the ground,
I fall down while I re-open healing wounds.
The soil blocks out all sunlight and the joy of day,
for now I lay down here in dismay.
The tears fall down my dead face,
my live has entered a familiar phase.

No comments: