Sunday, 6 September 2009

Being Thin is Pretty

Today I stumbled upon a blog entry of a young girl while I was googling for pictures. I love google for showing me the most random sites there are on this godfosaken shithole planet. This time, the site I ended on freaked me out, just a little bit, but enough to make a blog post about it myself. I knew these kind of sites and girls existed, I just never wished of actually seeing them myself. Reading it made me feel awkward, ugly and angry. This is what I read:

Ana Commandments
1. If you aren't thin you aren't attractive.
2. Being thin is more important than being healthy.
3. You must buy clothes, style your hair, take laxatives, starve yourself, do anything to make yourself look thinner.
4. Thou shall not eat without feeling guilty.
5. Thou shall not eat fattening food without punishing oneself afterwards.
6. Thou shall count calories and restrict intake accordingly.
7. What the scale says is the most important thing.
8. Losing weight is good/gaining weight is bad.
9. You can never be too thin.
10. Being thin and not eating are signs of true will power and success.

Yes, it was a pro-anna site I got myself lost on. I still can't believe why they want to infect other girls and boys to kill themselves by eating so little that in the end they are nothing but bones. Every commandment is full of bull, but they don't seem to realise it. You can only be pretty when you are healthy, being pretty comes from within. A truly beautiful person is beautiful from the inside and shines from the outside and has a beautiful heart and is healthy. These kind of sites, or blogs or wherever they put it on the net shouldn't be allowed. There are too many girls in this world struggling with their self imagine, myself included, they are vulnerable for these kind of messages. Anorexia or Bulimia will spread like a disease and will eat at the hearts and bodies of those who want to take control of something, their bodies, their life. It should be stopped because it sounds like a virus to me, destroying the vulnerable from the inside out, killing promising lives. You can't encourage the destruction of somebody else's body and life just because you firmly believe is something that is destroying you.

It makes me sad this pro-anna thinking is an unstoppable virus. It hurts to see young girls talking about being like a barbie, showing bones and starving themselves because being healthy is not important. In the old days being big was deemed beautiful, that was seen as perfection.



I overcame my bone structure and metabolism
I made myself engage in mind-numbing conversation
A fad diet left me with skin, bone and bitterness
starved myself to a petite listening to repetitive electro shit

Prey to the fairies
she got her wish
tied up and vacuous
she made the switch
step into her carriage
put on the ritz
saliva laced malicious
skinny little bitch (singin’)

LA LA LA LA

hey, like my tats? Full sleeve, Black and White
2 toned, no-ones’ home, in today, out tonight
shiny happy die alone, viscous girls, plastic guys
you keep on scratching my back and I’ll scratch out your eyes

(he is the) home coming queen, hip new breed of clique
wears a Tiara made of daggers and is in the top 8
you throw him a kiss he throws hi-voltage bouquets
if he can’t have your affection then he’ll thrive on your hate

membrane of bitterness
words that rip
Topped of with a tongue with your name on it’s tip
Hatred for a skeleton
ugly and rich
all wrapped up in a skinny little bitch (singin')

3 comments:

Mona said...

Amen to Skinny Little Bitch.

Seriously, no girl with an ounce of self-respect would put herself through all that.

Unknown said...

Your post should be the home page of such websites; those girls don't understand that boys are not only looking at how thin you are. You describe factually that people like people who are self-confident.

Anonymous said...

Well said, Gis!
I have never understood those sites, they make me sick, and they shouldn't exist. Thoughts like that shouldn't exist! I have seen anorectic people, and I have seen starved kids of the poor countries, and if that is what this world calls beautiful then I am from another planet. <3