In the darkness fireflies fly
moving in one place
tranquil and so sure
without them
We can't find out way
Until we found new ways
to find direction
find our place
we don't need
anyone else to help us
But my sense of direction is off
I walk in circles
endless time over again
and my fireflies have flown away
the night sky is dark and empty
I am lost without a guide
to help me find myself
My heart gave out
abandoned all hope
as sailors abandon their sinking ships
they face their deaths
floating on debris
holding on to the last bits,
pieces of that what was their home
They would watch their home
sink to the bottom of the sea
in front of their eyes
and now they are floating
in the black emptiness of the ocean
caught by the tide, the waves,
the endless dragging of the currents
Their life is not theirs,
it's Poseidon's
it's Neptune's
it's Davy Jones'
The sea takes their lives,
as life eats my soul and heart
as a cannibal it eats me alive
every day I become less human
until I become a mindless creature
who eats, breathes and sleeps,
lives to everyone's wishes but my own
because society is what makes us who we are,
write down what we have to do.
when you don't follow they cut you out,
turn you down and eat you alive.
there is no choice but the choice to live.
Not even consciously I made this choice.
I am ready to give my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment