September 30th, 2056
Dear Eliza,
Tank you for your brief letter to ask me if I could send your trinkets back, I completely understand that you didn’t know what the box was for. I did document all the trinkets you send me, in the hope that one day I will find objects similar to yours. The only culture we currently know about is the one I am from and we have nothing that remotely looks like what you send via the black box. I do not have any photographs because we have only little resources left and we have to be careful what we have. All things that survived the End of the World are used towards surviving and finding survivors and knowledge that disappeared with all we had.
I grew up in a little town called Komarta and the houses are build around the trees and made of natural resources. When I was 16 I left home to find my luck in the only city anyone at Komarta knew off. There I met a professor who wanted to re-explorer the world but was tool old, so he asked me to do that for me. I stayed with him the next few years and he taught me all kind of things about the world before it got destroyed. After he died I granted his wish and got myself on a airship that would travel the world to find new cultures that we have forgotten about.
The last 18 days, were one of the scariest days in my life yet. That is why I tell my own history too, so I won’t be forgotten and to draw an image of how the world looks like. A few days after my last letter it started to storm, first I thought it would blow over, but it didn’t. I got told to stay inside if I didn’t want to fly off the ship and into the clouds and the great unknown below. The lines were pounding against the masts, the wood was creaking and the wind made howling sound like it was trying to tear the ship apart with its hands. Days went by, the storm wouldn’t lie down and the faces of the crew members started to read pain, suffering and the end of all hope. Suddenly it was silent, the wind lay down and when I poked my head out of the cabin I saw a clear midnight sky and beautiful stars staring down.
We had flown into unknown air territory, now the real adventure starts. The Captain is going to fly closer to the ground to see if there is any place where we can land. I hope we will finally find prove that we aren’t the only humans left on this earth.
Kind Regards,
Maude Bluebird
No comments:
Post a Comment