Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Good Morning dear Followers and random readers (no not the Random Reader of the Bank), it has been exactly 12 days since I last updated my blog, shame on me! First of all, you might already know it, you might have never heard of such a thing and perhaps you really don’t give a shit, well neither do I then, but I have got a job. Yes you read that right, no mind tricks, ninja or Jedi skills involved this time (note that spelling check wants me to type Jedi with a capital). Since last week I am a mailslave a.k.a. I deliver your mail, maybe not yours but at least I deliver someone’s mail. It cost me a bit of stress, lots of stress sweat pain and calories.

I applied for the job a few weeks ago because I just needed a job to get myself out of the house and from the computer, hence why I have been less on my computer lately. I got a job interview just to talk about the hours I could and wanted to work and what I had to do. Simply: delivering mail with my bike in my own town on just a few blocks every day. It got a little bit messy because my Postbode Plus, the one in charge of the mail(wo)men in this town, forgot to call me about my first day. I got all stressed out and decided to hide by playing Final Fantasy X on the PS2 and Maplestory on the computer to not have to think about the fact that I was suppose to start that job on Monday and I had no clue about anything and hadn’t even gotten a call. Tuesday I was taking a shower and trying to avoid calling the TNT Post company, thank god my Postbode Plus called me apologising for not called earlier and inviting me to start working that morning. So everything got settle and I had to walk my round with someone for the next few days.

Everything was fine, I was really enjoying it. I guess that delivering mail is just what I need to do to keep myself sane, at least for now. It is strangely soothing to walk around, you are basically working and relaxing and sporting at the same time and have enough time to think but on the other hand not think. To clean out your mind and be away from all the drama at home, a little time for yourself while earning money.

Because my dad is working 50 hours a week he wanted to take a week off, but with my sister’s schoolwork and my work he decided to just take some days off and go to the east of the country to visit my mother’s brother there. We ended up with my parents staying in a hotel in my uncle’s city (which is smaller than my village but has city rights) and me and my sister at my uncle’s place because most places were already booked or too expensive, I guess it had something to do with Symphony in Rosso with Diana Ross. Me and my Sister Princess (later more about that) spend a day in Arnhem to do some shopping and I finally found jeans that actually fit, it is a bloody miracle by daylight, sparkles included. On Sunday the whole family and my uncle took a long bike ride through the environment and saw some castles and other eastern shit we don’t have here, like tiny hills and trains that are not fuelled by electricity. Later that evening we took a dive in the hotel’s pool and had Chinese at my uncle’s.

Monday I had to go home for work and my sister went home with me. We had to travel 3 hours just to get home, but thank god that the bus is actually fast and we didn’t had to walk home from the station because that is 30 minutes and the we caught the bus and were home in 10 minutes. I panicked because I couldn’t remember what I had to do for work that day so I called, turned out that I had another day to walk along with someone because Mondays are a little bit different than the other days of the week. The only difference is the amount of mail, on Monday you just get a whole neighbourhood of mail because every street only had about 4 addresses to deliver to.

Today, Tuesday, I had to go to work but I woke up by myself at 7.30am, when I am awake I am awake and there is nothing to keep me in bed anymore, I get very restless and have to do something. So I crawled to my computer to chat for a while but it felt so useless so I picked up my violin and went downstairs to play. But my sister needs her sleep, it was already 9am and to me it was time to get out of bed. I can’t help it that she wants to sleep for hours on end. I went to bed at 1am that night so I only slept 6 hours and I was still wide awake and ready to attack the day. My sister is a little spoiled because she asks for everything, I never ask for anything so I never get anything. I think that she would have a hard time being me. I spend a whole day walking around delivering mail again, which was what I needed, again. I used to feel so trapped at home, all I wanted to do is just walk out of the door and only return hours later. Now I can call it work, it’s a way to escape home for a while. Now I am home, it’s late and slowly time for me to crawl back into my bed, I played violin tonight, made myself banana things in the oven and enjoyed some chatting and music.

I am ready for another day. How about you??



Love and Frills,
Giselle

No comments: